Today’s Mobile Application Requirements
Mobile testing is based on some very demanding end-user experience requirements.
- 3 seconds to load. The most time a mobile application user will tolerate for any digital interaction to load.
- 65% cart abandonment. The percentage of users that will abandon their online shopping carts due to poor usability.
- 16% second chances. The percentage of users that will give a second chance to a mobile application with poor performance or a sub-optimal user experience.
Prolifics' Mobile testing is used by our customers to ensure that the application experience meets and exceeds the user's expectations.
Mobile Testing Made Easy
Prolifics' Mobile Testing strategy employs a number of tools and technologies, wrapped up in a testing framework, to ensure that all aspects of mobile application testing will be successful. The testing areas covered are:
- Physical Device. Functional testing of native, hybrid and web-based applications on both physical devices as well as emulators.
- Automation. Automated testing in support of Continuous Integration and Agile environments providing testing in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Usability. Testing the usability of the application for end-user acceptance and adoption.
- Performance. Validation of the response time and throughput, as well as battery life and data plan consumption.
To optimize the testing time and costs, Prolifics uses a combination of emulators and real devices. Those features that will not change behavior across devices can be tested on an emulator. The rest are tested on over 500 physical devices, running a number of mobile operating systems and browser combinations. This ensures the widest possible coverage of mobile phones likely to be used in the market today.
Prolifics also recognizes that not all mobile data services offered by carriers are created equal. So in addition to the physical device, operating system and browser, we add services such as GSM, CDMA and LTE as more dimensions for testing.
This provides accurate information on how a particular user’s device behaves for each OS, browser and service combination that you are targeting - allowing you to make development decisions with a higher degree of confidence.
Next Generation Mobile Testing
While complete device coverage is important for good testing, it is not enough to ensure the application will ultimately meet the user adoption requirements. In order to accomplish this, Prolifics employs disruptive thinking through:
- Shift Left. Identifies possible functional defects before they are even coded, including architectural issues.
- Test Automation. Provides over 95% automation of the regression testing.
- Continuous Delivery, Integration and Improvement. Enables testing to keep pace with the speed of today's agile development cycles.
The result is mobile testing that enables the development of better performing mobile applications that are usable on the broadest range of devices, and are acceptable by the widest possible target audience of users. It also ensures that the testing is more complete across a broader range of the application lifecycle, resulting in lower testing costs up front, and lower maintenance costs in the long run.
Make Your Next Mobile Project Great
Contact Prolifics at email@example.com today to discuss your Mobile Testing needs. We can help you create and execute on a Mobile Testing roadmap that provides demonstrable success in a repeatable process, application after application.