Chapter 4 . Generating Service Components
You can generate a Panther service component in two ways, through the Generate Component feature or the Generation Wizard. The Generate Component feature is useful for generating one or two components at a time. The Generation Wizard is appropriate for multiple components.
Generating Panther Service Components
How to Generate a Panther Service Component via Generate Component
- Select all the classes you want to use.
- Display the Generate Component window by performing one of the following tasks:
- On the Generate Component window, you can see a summary of what components and code will be generated; on Details, what the components will contain. This dialog is read-only.
- Choose OK.
You can use the Generation Wizard to generate components, and to make changes at the last minute. This makes Generation Wizard ideal for generating multiple components.
How to Generate Panther Service Components via the Generation Wizard
- 1. Run the Generation Wizard by performing one of the following tasks:
- Select the Rose to Panther tab.
- In the Diagram list box, specify which model diagram to use.
- Select the desired classes by doing one of the following:
- Specify the destination library by choosing Browse and selecting a library or by entering a new library name. If the library does not exist, the wizard creates it.
- Choose Open to open the library.
- When ready, choose Generate.
- When you are finished generating components, choose Done.
For information on the Panther to Rose tab, refer to Chapter 5, "Reverse-Engineering:From Panther to Rose."
Viewing the Components in Panther
In Panther 4.1 for Windows or later, you can view the generated service components.
How to View Your Service Components
- Open the application library containing your Rose-modeled components.
- View a list of the generated service components using one of the following methods:
- To view the generated component's interface, choose ViewComponent Interface.
The Rose class Attributes and Operations are mapped to the public interface's Properties and Methods.
- To view the generated code, choose one of the following options:
- Comments are visible in the Properties window (ViewProperties).