Gets the value of a string attribute of the current transaction for immediate use#include <tmusubs.h>char *sm_tm_pinquire(int attribute);
- Specifies the string attribute of the current transaction to copy with one of the constants defined in
tmusubs.hand shown in the Description section.
sm_tm_pinquiregets the current value of a string attribute of the current transaction. This includes not only data in the structure itself, but also data that can be found indirectly, such as data relating to the current table view.
An empty string is returned if any of the following errors occurs: the current transaction is null,
attributeis invalid, the value of
attributeis a non-existent string, or the length of the value of
attributeis greater than 255.
Because the objects pointed to by the pointers returned by
sm_tm_pinquireusually have short duration, as they are stored in rotating buffers, use or copy them quickly
Supply one of the following constants to specify the desired transaction attribute:
- General purpose string.
- Text string passed to
- Text of
- Identifies the root table view of the current command. This is either the root of the tree (for the entire transaction), or the root of the partial tree specified for the current command.
- Name of parent table view of current table view.
- Name of the previous event function. Used when writing an error handler.
- Name of root table view of the transaction.
- SAVE or VALIDATION cursor name.
- Name of server view containing current table view.
- SELECT cursor name.
- Name of the current transaction.
- Name of the transaction model.
- Name of the current table view.
- Buffer reserved for user use.
sm_tm_inquire, sm_tm_iset, sm_tm_pset, sm_tm_pcopy